At PAX East, SNK and NIS America announced the SNK 40th Anniversary Collection is coming to Nintendo Switch this Fall. The collection will feature over a dozen different games which include either arcade ports or console ports and in some case both.
Currently SNK has revealed 13 of the titles that will be included in the collection:
- Alpha Mission (arcade and console version)
- Athena (arcade and console version)
- Crystalis (console version)
- Ikari Warriors (arcade and console version)
- Ikari Warriors 2: Victory Road (arcade and console version)
- Ikari Warriors 3: The Rescue (arcade and console version)
- Guerrilla War (arcade and console version)
- P.O.W. (arcade and console version)
- Prehistoric Isle in 1930 (arcade version)
- Psycho Soldier (arcade version)
- Street Smart (arcade version)
- TNK III (arcade and console version)
- Vanguard (arcade version)
More games will be announced at later dates but what I like about the collection is that it features a lot of games that rarely get any attention. Also the fact that some games you get to enjoy both the arcade and home console version is a nice bonus as I look forward to playing games like Athena, Cystalis and the Ikari Warrior series all over again.
The SNK 40th Anniversary Collection will being developed Digital Eclipise which has previously worked on Capcom’s Mega Man Legacy Collection and Disney Afternoon Collection. This also means that each game in the SNK Collection will include a rewind feature and ability to save anywhere.
NIS America has also listed a SNK 40th Anniversary Collection Limited Edition bundle on their website which includes a copy of the game, an artbook and a “Nostalgic Music Collection” Soundtrack which will retail for $64.99.