Nicalis recently announced that this Fall it will be releasing a puzzle game on the Nintendo Switch.
Similar to Blade Strangers, the game will include characters from various Nicalis games as well as guest character which include Astro Boy and Black Jack from Tezuka Productions.
Your objective in the game is to arrange and match gems in order to break them in order to fill your burst gauge and unleash a powerful attack your opponent, as you feel their screen with more gems that require a few moments to pass before they can be broken, think Capcom’s Super Puzzle Fighter.
You can watch the trailer below:
Crystal Crisis will include an Arcade, Survival, Tag-team, and Training Modes featuring both local and online multiplayer.
Currently confirmed characters:
- Aban (1001 Spikes)
- Akuji (Akuji the Demon)
- Atom (Astro Boy)
- Ballos (Cave Story+)
- Curly (Cave Story+)
- Helen (Blade Strangers)
- Isaac (The Binding of Isaac)
- Jim Hawkins (1001 Spikes)
- Johnny Turbo (yes, the notorious TurboDuo spokesman)
- Knight (Hydra Castle Labyrinth)
- Kuro Hazama aka Black Jack (Black Jack)
- President Thompson (The Tempura of the Dead)
- Princess Solange (Code of Princess EX)
- Tina (1001 Spikes)
- Quote (Cave Story+)
- Zombie (The Tempura of the Dead)