Square Enix has had a small presence at Anime Expo in the last few years. Rather than having a booth at the show, Square Enix has instead held special events to promote upcoming releases in Lounge 21 but this year the company will be at Anime Expo in full force with playable demos of Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age, Kingdom Hearts III and the mobile game Star Ocean: Anamnesis.
If that’s not enough, Dragon Quest creator Yuji Hori will also be attending Anime Expo and will participate in an autograph session on July 6th and 7th.
Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age
- Yuji Horii (Dragon Quest series creator and game designer) will participate in autograph sessions at the SQUARE ENIX booth, where he will be signing an exclusive 8×10 signature card and posing for photographs, on:
- Friday, July 6, 10:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- Saturday, July 7, 10:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
- Saturday July 7, 2:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.
NOTE: A limited number of Horii autograph tickets will be distributed at the DRAGON QUEST XI area of the SQUARE ENIX booth starting at 10:00 a.m. the day prior to each day’s signing sessions. Fans may pose with Yuji Horii for one photograph only. Only the Square Enix signing cards will be signed. Personal items will not be signed.
Star Ocean: Anamnesis
- Akira Yasuda (Illustrator), also known as “akiman”, will participate in autograph sessions at the SQUARE ENIX booth, where fans will have a chance to receive a pre-drawn STAR OCEAN illustration in addition to an autograph, on:
- Friday, July 6, 4:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Saturday, July 7, 4:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
NOTE: A limited number of “akiman” autograph tickets will be distributed at the Square Enix Members area of the SQUARE ENIX booth at 10:00 a.m. for the day’s signing sessions.
- Star Ocean: Anamnesis
- Kingdom Hearts III
- Dragon Quest XI
FINAL FANTASY Trading Card Game Demos and Tournament
- Attendees can dive into the popular trading card game and receive free lessons on how to play.
- They can also play the newest set, “Opus VI,” one week early in daily Pre-Release Tournaments. The set includes characters from fan favorite titles, including FINAL FANTASY XIV: Heavensward, FINAL FANTASY X/X-2, and DISSIDIA FINAL FANTASY NT. Tickets to participate in the tournament will be sold at the SQUARE ENIX booth.
DRAGON QUEST XI Photo Wall Contest
- Attendees can enter to win slime plushes by striking their best pose with the heroes from the DQXI photo wall and uploading the pictures to Twitter or Instagram using the hashtag #DragonQuestAX (while tagging @DragonQuest).
- A photo opportunity where fans can take pictures featuring backgrounds from FINAL FANTASY BRAVE EXVIUS™ and STAR OCEAN: ANAMNESIS
Photo Opportunities with STAR OCEAN Cosplayers
- Yuno Mizusawa, the official Evelysse (“Eve”) cosplayer from Japan, will be making special appearances at the booth, alongside STAR OCEAN series cosplayers.
- The cosplayer schedule is available on the STAR OCEAN Facebook at: (https://www.facebook.com/starocean).
Daily giveaways while supplies last, including:
- DRAGON QUEST XI T-shirts and posters
- STAR OCEAN: ANAMNESIS buttons
- SQUARE ENIX Members lanyards
FINAL FANTASY XV WINDOWS EDITION
- Final Fantasy XV Windows Edition will also be making an appearance at the Cooler Master gaming trucks at Petree Plaza throughout the weekend. Fans can get hands on with Final Fantasy XV on high-end gaming PCs and have the chance to receive a special themed mousepad.