Get ready to get your Nep-Nep on! Neptune is back and this time she’s all 2D! Idea Factory recently announced that it will be release Super Neptunia RPG (known in Japan as Brave Neptunia) this Fall for the PlayStation 4 and Nintendo Switch.
Super Neptunia RPG is full of firsts for the series, its the first Neptunia game to be made by a Western developer Quebec-based Artisan Studios, not only that but it is the first time that the Neptunia series will be published on the Nintendo Switch.
The game will feature 2D art with characters hand drawn by Neptunia series artist Tsunako and brought to life by Artisan Studios.
Here are more details on the story:
In a world where 2D games reign supreme, an organization called Bombyx Mori forces its citizens to churn out 2D games as offerings to their leader. Those who dare to use new technologies or whose games don’t meet their standards risk banishment to the soul-crushing Trial Grounds.
A girl awakens in this world with no recollection of anything beyond her name, Neptune, and soon realizes she possesses great strength. With her newfound sense of heroism and a strange book known as Histoire in hand, she sets off on a journey to see if there might be more than this two-dimensional life!
- Old School Dungeons! Explore gorgeously painted, interactive dungeons in a style inspired by classic gaming titles.
- Follow the Leader! Enter turn-based battles where the party’s attack style changes based on the battle leader.
- Switch leaders on the fly, transform mid-battle, and use elemental attacks to maximize your team’s strategy!
- Save Gamindustri! In a time where retro gaming and 3D graphics are at polar ends, this story delves headfirst into the debate for a self-aware ribbing of gaming culture.
- 2D Comes to Life! The hand-drawn art of Neptunia series artist Tsunako is brought to life by Artisan Studios, showing the characters in a whole new way!
Super Neptunia RPG will feature both English and Japanese audio along with the option to select French subtitles for both North American and European regions. The game will see both a digital and physical release for both the PlayStation 4 and Nintendo Switch.