Universal Studios Hollywood Halloween Horror Nights kicked off last Friday and we were there on the red carpet as the stars and producers of the event kicked off a party. Every year, the tradition has been that during the Halloween season, Universal Studios brings some of the best and scary mazes to life inside its theme park. This year is no exception.
Watch the video below as we talked to some of the celebrities.
“Halloween Horror Nights” Opens at Universal Studios Hollywood, Kicking Off Southern California’s Most Extreme Halloween Event Select Nights from September 14 – November 3, 2018
Universal City, CA, September 14, 2018 – Legendary Hollywood icon, Jamie Lee Curtis, Caleb McLaughlin and Gaten Matarazzo from Netflix’s “Stranger Things,” GRAMMY® Award-winning musician SLASH, filmmaker Jason Blum (The First Purge,Get Out), director Michael Dougherty (Trick ‘r Treat) and filmmaker Eli Roth (The House with Clocks in Its Walls, Hostel) were among the stars on the red carpet to celebrate the opening of “Halloween Horror Nights” at Universal Studios Hollywood.
“Halloween Horror Nights,” Southern California’s most extreme Halloween event, continues on September 15-16, 20-22, 26-30, October 4-7, 11-14, 18-21, 25-28, 31, and November 1-3, 2018.
Other celebrities attending the event premiere included Priah Ferguson, Sadie Sink and Jake Busey from Netflix’s “Stranger Things,” Vanessa Hudgens (Dog Days, “So You Think You Can Dance”), musician Travis Barker, Lex Scott Davis (The First Purge), Gabriel Chavarria (“The Purge”), Jessica Garza (“The Purge”), Quinn Lord(Trick ‘r Treat), Danielle Harris and director Dwight Little from Halloween 4: The Return of Michael Myers, Oliver Robins (Poltergeist), Chandler Riggs (“The Walking Dead”), Pollyanna McIntosh (“The Walking Dead”), Kyla Kenedy (“Speechless,” “The Walking Dead”), Jaime Camill (“Jane the Virgin”), Emma Kenny (“The Connors”), Ariel Winter (“Modern Family”), Nolan Gould (“Modern Family”), Violett Beane (Truth or Dare), Matthew Bohrer (Unfriended), Moses Storm (Unfriended), Olympic Gold Medalist, Chloe Kim, Cody Christian (“All American”), the Jabbawockeez award-winning hip hop dance crew, Angélica Vale, Angélica Maria, and John Murdy, Executive Producer of “Halloween Horror Nights” at Universal Studios Hollywood.
This year’s terrifying lineup of “Halloween Horror Nights” lineup mazes and attractions includes:
- “Stranger Things” – Netflix’s critically-acclaimed series comes to life for the first time in an all-new maze featuring the Upside Down and the predatory Demogorgon.
- “Poltergeist” – Inspired by MGM’s iconic supernatural horror film characterized as one of the scariest movies of all time.
- “Universal Monsters” – A contemporary twist on Universal’s original cinematic Monsters featuring an original score produced and composed by GRAMMY® Award-winning musician, SLASH.
- “Trick ‘R Treat” – Based on the Legendary Pictures’ cult Halloween classic movie directed by Michael Dougherty.
- “The First Purge” – Inspired by Universal Pictures’ blockbuster thriller franchise, where all crime is legal for 12 hours.
- “Halloween 4: The Return of Michael Myers” – The iconic slasher is back in an all-new maze based on the classic Halloween franchise.
- “The Horrors of Blumhouse: Chapter Two” – A killer maze that unites two hit movies produced by Jason Blum – Blumhouse’s Truth or Dare and Unfriended.
- “The Walking Dead” – Universal Studios Hollywood’s permanent attraction inspired by AMC’s record-breaking television series
- “Terror Tram: Hollywood Harry’s Dreadtime Storiez” – The notorious serial killer clown that terrorized Universal’s famed backlot returns as the host of this year’s Terror Tram.
- Jabbawockeez -The award-winning hip hop dance crew returns.
Tickets can be purchased at Hollywood.HalloweenHorrorNights.com. Advance purchase is recommended as event nights will sell out. Following are the various tickets options:
- All-new R.I.P. Tour: Groups of up to 12 can scare in style with all-new R.I.P. Tour featuring exclusive experiences with a VIP guide, trolley transportation, valet parking, a gourmet buffet dinner and drinks plus unlimited Universal Express privileges to mazes and attractions.
- After 2 p.m. Day/Night Combo: Experience the park’s popular attractions, by day and remain for the terror that awaits by night.
- Multi-Night Passes options: Frequent Fear Pass – Visit up to 21 select nights.
Ultimate Fear Pass – Scare every single night of the event.
2 Nights of Fear Pass – Scare for two select nights.
- Universal Express™ This in-demand pass enables guests to enjoy one-time express access to mazes, attractions, Terror Tram experience Jabbawockeez performance.
For exciting updates and exclusive “Halloween Horror Nights” content, visitHollywood.HalloweenHorrorNights.com, like Halloween Horror Nights – Hollywood on Facebook; follow @HorrorNights #UniversalHHN on Instagram, Twitter and Snapchat; and watch the terror come to life on Halloween Horror Nights YouTube.
Universal Studios Hollywood Resource & Social Media Information:
Facebook: facebook.com/HalloweenHorrorNights #UniversalHHN
Twitter: twitter.com/@horrornights #UniversalHHN
Instagram: instagram.com/horrornights #UniversalHHN