During the red carpet for the grand opening of “Halloween Horror Nights,” we asked actor Dan Aykroyd about the upcoming GHOSTBUSTERS 3.
Watch what he had to say below!
“Halloween Horror Nights” Opens at Universal Studios Hollywood,
Kicking Off Southern California’s Most Extreme Halloween Event
with More Mazes than Ever, Select Nights from September 13 – November 3, 2019
Universal City, CA, September 13, 2019 – Universal Studios Hollywood rolled out the red carpet to usher in “Halloween Horror Nights” 2019 attended by Academy Award®-winning filmmaker Jordan Peele and cast members from Universal Pictures’ blockbuster Us, including Evan Alex, Madison Curry, Alan Frazier, Shahadi Wright Joseph and Cali and Noelle Sheldon; Dan Aykroyd (Ghostbusters) and filmmaker Ivan Reitman (Ghostbusters, National Lampoon’s Animal House); acclaimed director and executive producer Greg Nicotero (“Creepshow,” “The Walking Dead”), filmmaker Eli Roth (Haunt, The House with a Clock in Its Walls), GRAMMY® Award-winning musician SLASH, multi-platinum recording artist and filmmaker Rob Zombie (House of a 1000 Corpses), executive producers Matt Duffer and Ross Duffer (“Stranger Things”), and John Murdy, Executive Producer, “Halloween Horror Nights” at Universal Studios Hollywood.
“Halloween Horror Nights” continues on September 13-15, 19-22, 26-29; October 3-6, 10-13, 17-20, 24-27, 31; and November 1-3, 2019.
Additional talent attending the premiere event included director Michael Dougherty (Godzilla); Bill Moseley (House of 1000 Corpses); Tichina Arnold (“The Neighborhood”); Lauren Ash (“Superstore”); Jaime Camil (“Jane the Virgin”); special effects artists/filmmakers Stephen, Charles and Edward Chiodo (Killer Klowns from Outer Space); Cody Christian (“All American”); Grant Cramer (Killer Klowns from Outer Space); Devin Druid (“13 Reasons Why”); Kelly Osbourne; Nolan Gould (“Modern Family”); Seth Green (“Family Guy”); Andrey Ivchenko (“Stranger Things”); Nia Souix (“Dance Moms”); Dylan Sprayberry (“Teen Wolf”), recording artist Angela Aguilar and Angélica Vale, and hip hop dance crew Jabbawockeez.
Opening night also featured a special “Behind the Screams” panel highlighting filmmakers and musicians who have collaborated with Universal Studios Hollywood’s “Halloween Horror Nights” over the years. John Murdy led the insightful discussion that included filmmaker Eli Roth, director and producer, Greg Nicotero and musician, Slash.
This year’s terrifying “Halloween Horror Nights” lineup of mazes and attractions includes:
- “Us,” an all-new maze based on the blockbuster film from Universal Pictures and visionary Academy Award®-winning filmmaker Jordan Peele
- “Ghostbusters,” Sony Pictures’ classic 1984 film comes to life for the first time ever in this all-new maze
- “Stranger Things,” based on seasons 2 and 3 of Netflix’s critically-acclaimed supernatural thriller
- “Killer Klowns from Outer Space,” the popular 1980s horror sci-fi film lands at “Halloween Horror Nights” in this all-new chilling maze
- “Creepshow,” maze inspired by the 1982 cult classic movie directed by George Romero and Shudder’s brand new anthology series, reimagined by acclaimed make-up artist, director and executive producer, Greg Nicotero
- “Frankenstein Meets The Wolf Man,” inspired by Universal’s original cinematic monsters and the movie studio that invented the horror film genre
- “House of 1000 Corpses,” inspired by Lionsgate’s 2003 cult classic film and directed by multi-platinum recording artist and filmmaker Rob Zombie
- “Holidayz in Hell,” an all-original maze featuring demented versions of everyone’s favorite seasonal celebrations
- “Curse of Pandora’s Box,” an all-new original maze based on the twisted Greek mythology tale
- “The Walking Dead,” Universal Studios Hollywood’s permanent attraction inspired by AMC’s popular television series
- The Jabbawockeez award-winning hip hop dance crew returns by popular demand with an all-new, high-energy performance created exclusively for “Halloween Horror Nights”
Tickets are available at Hollywood.HalloweenHorrorNights.com and advance purchase is recommended as event nights will sell out.