ALIENS ATE MY HOMEWORK DVD REVIEW
A suspenseful family comedy which follows the adventures of sixth-grader Rod Allbright(Greig) and the extraterrestrial lawmen known as the Galactic Patrol. When a tiny spaceship flies through his window and lands on his science project, Rod and his cousin Elspeth (McNamara) meet a group of friendly aliens, including Phil, a talking plant (voiced by William Shatner). The earthlings quickly join the aliens’ adventurous mission to help defeat an evil alien criminal. After discovering the evil alien is disguised as a human – someone he knows all too well – Rod and Elspeth race to save the world from total planetary disaster.
Directed By: Sean McNamara
Written By: Bruce Coville, Garfield Reeves-Stevens, & Judith Reeves-Stevens
Starring: William Shatner (Phillogenus esk Piemondum/ Phil), Ty Consiglio (Billy Becker), Dan Payne (Grakker), Kristen Robek (Gwen Allbright), Christian Convery (Eric Allbright), Alex Zahara (Tar Gibbons), lauren McNamara (Elspeth McMasters), Sean McNamara (Plink), Tristan Risk (Madame Pong), Jayden Greig (Rod Allbright), Sandy Robson (Art Allbright), Sean Quan (Mickey), and more.
Genre: Adventure, Comedy, & Family
Runtime: 90 Minutes
- English: Dolby Digital 5.1
- French: Dolby Digital 5.1
- Spanish: Dolby Digital 5.1
- Codec: MPEG-2
- Encoding format: 16:9
- Resolution: 480i (NTSC)
- Aspect ratio: 1.78:1
- Original aspect ratio: 1.78:1
- Subtitles: English SDH, French, & Spanish
- Not of This World: Creating Alien Life Forms – A look at creating some of the film’s Alien characters, showcasing the work of Emmy-winning visual effects maestro Todd Masters and his creature effects team. Viewers will get a peek at what it takes to bring the creatures to life on-set through the magic of prosthetic make-up, as well as practical effects techniques like oversized sets and puppetry.
- Aliens Ate My Homework: From Page to Screen – This piece will give viewers a peek at the process of turning the novel into a film – from concept to production and visual effects. Featuring behind the scenes footage plus interviews with the cast, filmmakers, and author Bruce Coville.
- On the Set with Bruce Coville – The beloved author gives viewers a peek at life on the set of Aliens Ate My Homework while providing details on the origins of the Galactic Patrol book series.
- The Galactic Patrol Wants You! – A closer look at the members of the Galactic Patrol featuring Grakker, Madame Pong, Rod Allbright, Elspeth, and Phillogenous Esk Piemondum, aka Phil. In this featurette, the intrepid crew of the Starship Ferkel will reveal details on their current mission and will inform viewers on what it takes to become a member of the Galactic Patrol.
I give the Aliens Ate My Homework DVD a B.
My first impressions while watching this DVD – It reminded me a lot of Star Trek but set in 2018.
Yes, you read right! This, unfortunately, is a DVD and not a Blu-ray. But regardless, it still has great sound and video quality. It’s a cute and fun movie to watch with your kids. It did have a Star Trek vibe with the aliens having the same look as the ones from the TV Show and films. Come to find out, William Shatner actually voices one of the characters in this film. He plays a plant!
This film brought me back to my childhood. The one thing that children have that we don’t have as adults is a great imagination. I remember creating crazy worlds while playing outside when I was younger and I felt that this film actually brought that to life. Honestly, the one excuse that we use for not doing our homework (well mostly the dog ate my homework) actually happened to Rod Allbright(Greig) but in this case Aliens!
Catch Aliens Ate My Homework out on DVD & Digital March 6th!