Red Dead Redemption 2 will launch with a Special Edition and an Ultimate Edition, as well as a third Collector’s Box featuring in-game trinkets from the series.
In a press release, Rockstar Games detailed each edition’s features and pre-order bonuses, which we’ve summarized into a neat little guide for you.
Red Dead Remption 2’s Pre-order Bonuses
All pre-orders of Red Dead Redemption 2 will receive the War Horse from the first Red Dead Redemption, as well as the Outlaw Survival Kit – supplies to replenish health, Dead Eye, and more.
Digital pre-orders on the Playstation Store and Xbox Store will also receive an in-game cash bonus and an exclusive treasure map for RDR2’s story mode (available only before July 31st).
Digital pre-orders ALSO receive an infusion of GTA Online funds: $500k for Standard, $1m for Special, and $2m for Ultimate.
Special Edition ($79)
Buying the Special Edition includes the following story mode content:
- Exclusive Bank Robbery Mission and Gang Hideout Mission
- The Dappled Black Throughbred race horse and saddle
- Eagle Talon Talisman to extend your environmental awareness skill
- Iguana Scale to take less damage while riding on horseback
- Core Stat Boost to increase starting stamina, health, and Dead Eye
- Increased cash during robbery missions, and discounts on camp upgrades
- The Nuevo Paraiso Gunslinger Outfit
- Access to three additional weapons at in-game Gunsmiths: the Volcanic Pistol, the Pump Action Shotgun, and the Lancaster Varmint Rifle
Ultimate Edition ($99)
Ponying up an additional $40 gets you the Ultimate Edition, which includes everything from the Special Edition and a few other bonuses:
- Two bonus outfits for online
- The Black Chestnut Thoroughbred racehorse and saddle
- Access to the Survivor Camp Theme
- Access to the three additional weapons in online mode
- Faster ranking up in online, up to rank 25.
Collector’s Box ($99)
Warning: the Collector’s Box does not include a copy of Red Dead Redemption 2. What it does include, however, is an assortment of in-game items and collectibles such as:
- A metal tithing box styled after the one used in-game by the Van der Linde gang
- A collectable Challenge Coin
- A 100-piece Double Sided Puzzle
- The Six Shooter Bandana
- An exclusive Treasure Map for RDR2’s story mode
- A set of six RDR2 themed pins, included in a canvas carrying bag
- A fully-illustrated pack of RDR2 playing cards
- A 150-page Wheeler, Rawson and Co. Catalogue, a replica of the edition found in stores throughout Red Dead Redemption 2
- 12 collectible Cigarette Cards
Each edition is now available for pre-order , and the Collector’s Box is available to preorder via the Rockstar Warehouse.