Press registration is open for Anime Expo 2018! Applicants must register and apply by May 1st to be considered for press allowance, and keep in mind that prior approvals does not guarantee approval for the current year.
Badges must be picked up on-site by the registered person as usual, so plan to get there early!
Full rules are as follows per Anime Expo:
Press Badge privileges include:
- Admission to Anime Expo.
- Priority entry to all panels (limited) as well as the Exhibit Hall.
- Complimentary tickets and assigned seating for certain ticketed events/concerts. (Subject to availability. Tickets are either distributed by invite only or on a first-come-first-serve basis in the Press Lounge.)
- Access to Press Lounge and press conferences.
- Consideration for interviews with Guests of Honor. (Must apply for press badge by April 15th. Interview request form will be sent to eligible press.)
Please note the following when submitting your application:
- Press badges will not be granted to cosplay photographers, personal blogs, or photo gallery websites.
- Outlet must be at least two years old.
- You must be able to provide relevant coverage from other events.
- Press outlet/organization must submit coverage from previous years if they have attended Anime Expo in previous years.
- A reporter or press outlet that was approved in a prior year is not guaranteed approval for the current year.
- Applying for a press badge does not guarantee a press badge.
- Press badges are limited. Verification and approval is ultimately at the discretion of Society for the Promotion of Japanese Animation.
- Press badges are not eligible for mailing and must be picked up on-site by each registrant.
See you there!