Team Cherry, the developers behind the critically acclaimed platformer ‘Hollow Knight’, gave an update for fans eager for the Switch port of the game as well as a soft-launch for the PC version dubbed ‘The Lifeblood Update’. The Lifeblood Update is currently in public beta and offers an updated version of the game with numerous updates as noted on Team Cherry’s page:
- One boss has been seriously upgraded. A true challenge awaits!
- A brand new boss with a new music track by Chris Larkin!
- Map Markers are here! Cartographers rejoice!
- Extras added to the Extras menu!
- Numerous game balances and tweaks (Heavy Blow is now good… just kidding)
- Various bug fixes
- Additional sound effects and voices
- Optimizations and performance enhancements
After the announcement of the Update, they then gave a bit of insight on the state of the Switch port and it’s a bit of a double edged sword. It turns out that there is still no release date for the Switch port of Hollow Knight as they are hard at work ironing out bugs and making sure the title is polished. So it looks like Switch fans eager to play are going to have to wait a bit longer for a release date.