Being a little skeptical with the theatrical 3D process, I have to say that the “Wreck-It Ralph” 4-Disc Combo Pack, which includes the Blu-ray 3D, Blu-ray, DVD, and Digital Copy was a true surprise. Having never seen the film in a theater, I watched the film for the first time in 3D on a 60 inch Sharp 3D Monitor, I was impressed by the quality of the image. It was defined, and didn’t have the peripheral blurriness that I have come to expect from watching 3D movies.
The plot of the film brings back memories of playing arcade games from 30 years ago. “Wreck-It Ralph” nails the true groundbreaking atmosphere associated with eight bit video games, which hungrily devoured quarters from willing gamers. For some movie goers, the appeal of the film is a nostalgic look back at video games from that era, but for everyone, it’s just pure fun.
Here is the storyline:
For decades, Ralph (voice of John C. Reilly) has played the bad guy in his popular video game “Fix-It Felix, Jr.” In a bold move, he embarks on an action-packed adventure and sets out to prove everyone that he is a true hero with a big heart. As he explores exciting new worlds, he teams up with some unlikely new friends including feisty misfit Vanellope von Schweetz (voice of Sarah Silverman.)
So, what can you expect from purchasing the 4-Disc 3D Combo Pack?
Disc 1 – Blu-ray Feature Film + Bonus
Features Disney Enhanced High Definition Picture and Sound
* Paperman Theatrical Short — A young man in an office see the girl of his dreams in a skyscraper window across the street. But how can he get her attention? (Rated G)
* Bit By Bit: Creating the Worlds of Wreck-It Ralph — Game jump through the worlds of the film with filmmakers, artists and animators who created it.
* Disney Intermission: The Gamer’s Guide to Wreck-It Ralph — Hosted by Chris Hardwick.
* Deleted and Alternate Scenes
* Video Game Commercials — Original commercials for Fix-It Felix, Jr., Hero’s Duty and Sugar Rush.
Movie Plays in English, Spanish and French
Disc 2 – DVD Feature Film + Bonus
* Paperman Theatrical Short (Rated G)
Disc 3 – Digital Copy Of Feature Film
Watch It Anytime, Anywhere On Your Computer And Portable Device
Disc 4 – Blu-ray 3D Feature Film + Bonus
Bring The 3D Experience Home With Disney Blu-ray 3D
* Paperman Theatrical Short in 3D (Rated G)
Nominated for an Academy Award for Best Animated Feature Film, the “Wreck-It Ralph” 4-Disc Combo Pack will be available, along with SD Digital and On-Demand formats, on Tuesday, March 5th. The film stars the voice talents of John C. Reilly, Sarah Silverman, Jack McBrayer, Jane Lynch, Alan Tudyk, Mindy Kaling, Joe Lo Truglio, Ed O’Neill, Dennis Haysbert, Edie McClurg, Raymond S. Persi, Jess Harnell, Rachael Harris, Skylar Astin, Adam Carolla, and Horatio Sanz. Phil Johnston and Jennifer Lee wrote the screenplay based on the story by Rich Moore, Phil Johnston, and Jim Reardon with additional story material by Sam J. Levine, John C. Reilly, and Jared Stern. Rich Moore directs.