We finally have a release date for Castle Crashers Remastered as developer the Behemoth has revealed on their blog earlier today.
Castle Crashers Remastered will be released digitally on the Nintendo Switch on September 17th for $14.99. As for the PlayStation 4 version of the game, it has yet to receive a date as the game has final stages of its submission process but once that is confirmed they plan on announcing a date.
What does the “Remastered” part mean?
Remastered means the game includes all of the differences from the original:
- The fast-paced and frantic mini-game “Back Off Barbarian” that you can play by yourself or with your friends
- Texture sizes are five times greater than the original game, which means the game is five times more beautiful
- 60 frames per second gameplay! (The original ran at 30FPS which is not nearly as smooth)
- All previously released downloadable content including characters, weapons, and animal orbs will be available to unlock in-game
- Various performance updates and improvements to gameplay and online multiplayer
What special Nintendo Switch features are there? What about PlayStation 4?
The Switch features HD Rumble, Switch Online, and up to 4-player local Joy-Con support so you can use your Joy-Cons in any configuration to play with friends online, offline, on the big screen, or in the palm of your hand. On PS4, lightbars will be set ablaze with your character affinity color, and you can play online or offline with friends for up to 4-player chaos!
Is the game going to be cross-platform?
It’s not something we have in our plans. For now, you’ll have to stick to grouping up with friends on the same console, but between couch co-op and online play you should still have plenty of ways to connect!