A reader that says that he’s seen that “Wonder Woman” pilot that NBC dumped has sent us a review. It’s sounds like the should could have been fun.
I just got my hot little hands on a DVD Screener for NBC’s “Wonder Woman” pilot that never aired. Rumor was that the show was a train wreck, so I prepared myself for something that would be truly awful….but it wasn’t!
…Let me start by saying I love Wonder Woman and adore the original TV series. From all the bad press I was ready for another Cathy Lee crap-fest. But the show was ok!
THINGS I LIKED:
- The wonder-jets. Di has an helipad full of tiny WW inspired jets she zooms around in. They are not invisible.
– The cast. Aside from Adrianna the cast does a pretty good job with the given material.
– The action. Tho mostly bookended the action is very inline with the Diana from the comics.
– The last costume. The traditional WW outfit looks kinda slutty in pic but works really well in fight scenes.
THINGS I HATED:
- Wonder Woman kills? I count at least 2 henchmen killed by Diana…one very graphically.
– Heels/flats. Di’s boots switch from heels to flats as she runs.
– Angry WW: Throughout the show Diana is kind of a b*tch, they try to explain it towards the end but every once in awhile we get a smile.
– Swearing: Diana says “tits” several times. But I agree with Etta “Wonder Woman does not swear.”
– Legality: D. Kelly creates law shows! This show makes no sense when you watch it from a legal standpoint.
THINGS I LOVED:
- Adrianne: Wow. She really put her all into the part. From subtle nods to Lynda to some very believable fight scenes this show does not fail because of her.
– Veronica Cale: Liz looks AMAZING! The scene where she first confronts Diana is a blast. I am only sorry we do not see more of her.
– The lasso: For once in my life the lasso seemed pretty bada$$ as a weapon.
– Diana Prince: It was nice to see glasses and a ponytail again, tho I could do without her cat Sylvester.
All in all the problems could have been fixed and a general audience would have probably enjoyed the show.
If you use this review call me “MouuDy“