“Black Swan” and “The Wrestler” director Darren Aronofsky has made it known that he is interested in taking over the directing reigns after Christopher Nolan finishes his Batman trilogy with the upcoming “The Dark Knight Rises.”  Aronofsky was scheduled to direct 2005’s “Batman Begins,” but Warner Bros. executives considered his script to be too dark and different for their tastes.  The script is scheduled to be turned into a comic book.

Aronofsky will direct Marvel’s “The Wolverine” starring Hugh Jackman for 20th Century Fox.  The film is scheduled to go before the lenses in April.

“Batman: The Dark Knight Rises” is due to hit theaters on July 20th, 2012.  The film will star Christian Bale, Michael Caine, Morgan Freeman, Gary Oldman, and Tom Hardy.  No doubt it will shatter box office records.

If Aronofsky sits in the director’s chair for Batman, will he remake the series with a new cast?

Around the web

706 Responses

1. Jeremy Farmer

I love Nolan’s Batmans so far…but a new director and cast is a good excuse to go a little more towards the supernatural. Clayface..etc…

That said, other than the wrestler, I don’t really like Aronofsky as a director…not really excited for the news.

2. thefridge@cs.com'
    TheFridge

I really hope this doesn’t happen. Aronofsky is pretentious and incredibly overrated in my opinion.

3. Watwood551@hotmail.com'
    invest liberty reserve

An riveting communicating is couturier interpret. I cerebrate that you should pen writer on this message, it strength not be a prejudice topic but mostly group are not sufficiency to talk on much topics. To the next. Cheers like your Darren Aronofsky To Direct “Batman 4″ ? Nuke the Fridge.

4. Journot487@hotmail.com'
    android apps

An exciting discussion is couturier remark. I conceive that you should correspond much on this issue, it mightiness not be a taboo bailiwick but generally fill are not sufficiency to verbalize on specified topics. To the succeeding. Cheers like your Darren Aronofsky To Direct “Batman 4″ ? Nuke the Fridge.

5. Mckewen@hotmail.com'
    ghasudihaiwdahdwai

This is the rectify Darren Aronofsky To Direct “Batman 4″ ? » diary for anyone who wants to assay out out most this issue. You remark so much its virtually exhausting to converse with you (not that I truly would want…HaHa). You definitely put a new stunting on a subject thats been shorthand most for life. Metropolis stuff, simply outstanding!

6. Hofland9663@yahoo.co.uk'
    Perlengkapan bayi

I think this is among the most important information for me. And i am glad reading your article. But wanna remark on few general things, The site style is wonderful, the articles is really great : D. Good job, cheers